Each Sci-sizz Mini-Laboratory is centred on an on-line interactive workshop where we demonstrate an exciting and educational set of experiments and you follow at home. The accompanying kit contains all the materials and equipment you need. You also get access to the Members' resources on our web site which has a host of reference materials and guides. You can use them to do the experiments on your own, to devise new ones, and to learn more about various topics.
- Salt water powered car
- A model tornado
- Explore magnetic levitation ( the basic principle of the super high speed Mag Lev train ) with the "Flying Pen"
- Three fun experiments that demonstrate important concepts in Physics and Chemistry, using eggs!.
Next interactive workshop - TBA.
(Additional dates to be announced)
- Lab coat
- Safety glass
- pH / Moisture / Light meter (Three in One)
- Test tubes with test tube rack
- Measuring cup / Beaker (100 ml)
- Clear cups
- Syringe (20 ml)
We provide basic safety equipment, including gloves and safety glasses as well as recommendations on correct safety procedures.
ADULT SUPERVISION IS RECOMMENDED WITH ALL EXPERIMENTS. IT IS COMPULSORY FOR SOME EXPERIMENTS SUCH AS THOSE THAT REQUIRE HEATING.
Equipment and the Materials,
Access to Instructions and Members Resources,
An interactive on-line workshop designed specifically to accompany each Kit, so that your child and an adult can follow along at home!